An exciting new opportunity has opened within Conwy Connect, we are looking for a Connect Buddies Coordintor.
30 hours per week
Based in Colwyn Bay – Covering the Gwynt y Mor Community fund coastal strip
NJC scale 22 (£20,456 pro rata) Fixed contract to February 2020
This post offers a unique opportunity in the field of learning disability services within Conwy. The post holder will develop and sustain the Connect Buddies service. The Post will involve work on an operational level, and focus on supporting individuals with a learning disability and volunteers to pair up and take part in social and community activities.
- Gathering together and organising a range of information.
- Evidence of working in a team and with other agencies to achieve positive change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in a creative, clear and engaging way.
- Competency in IT including word processing, desk top publishing accessing databases, spreadsheets, internet and e mail.
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box.
The position is subject to a DBS enhanced check
For further information about the post and an application pack contact Catherine Thornton Conwy Connect Engagement Co-ordinator
Tel: 01492 536486 E-mail: CathThornton1@gmail.com
Closing date: Monday 16 January 2017 Interview date: Wednesday 8 February 2017