Connect Buddies Coordinator
Based in Colwyn Bay
NJC scale 21 (£20,541 pro rata)
Fixed contract to February 2020
This post offers a unique opportunity in the field of learning disability services within Conwy. The post holder will be part of a team that develops and sustains the service which will involve work on an operational level the Connect Buddies service.
- Experience in:
- working with people with learning disabilities, their families as well as voluntary and statutory sectors
- Using person centred approaches.
- working in a team and ability to collaborate with other agencies to achieve positive change.
- Recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in a creative, clear and engaging ways
- A passion for Equality and community cohesion.
- Competency in IT including word processing, desk top publishing accessing databases, spreadsheets, internet and e mail.
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- The position is subject to a DBS
For further information about the post and an application, pack contact Catherine Thornton
Tel: 01492 536486
Closing date: Friday 21st Sept
Interview date: Week beginning 1st Oct