Conwy Connect for Learning Disabilities was set up in 1997 to help promote the rights of people with a learning disability living within the County of Conwy in North Wales. Its aims include ensuring people have equality of choice and opportunity in the community they live in.
Making a difference by
Providing an essential link between all stakeholders whilst keeping members up to date of relevant changes in learning disability services.
Informing members of any relevant changes in services
Providing information that increases choice
Breaking down barriers, encouraging and enabling people with a learning disability to have the right to a normal pattern of life
We also help to ‘CONNECT’ people who are interested in the continued care and support of people with a learning disability.
What we do
- Offer independent information and advice on learning disability services
- Provide opportunities for members to meet exchange information, increase choice through our open meetings, newsletters and other publications.
- Increase and extend opportunities using person centred approaches for active, meaningful involvement through consultations
- Provide person centred facilitation, to enable participation and engagement for people with learning disabilities and their families in Conwy
- Provide a voice to raise views and concerns to national policy makers
- Take part in planning and monitoring learning disability services
Who we work with
Conwy Connect for Learning Disabilities works with a wide range of people including;
- People with a learning disability
- Statutory organisations
- Voluntary organisations
- Interested individuals and organisations