Welcome to Conwy Connect for Learning Disabilities
Conwy Connect for Learning Disabilities was set up in 1997 to help promote the rights of people with learning disabilities living within the county of Conwy and more recently across North Wales. Our aims include ensuring people have equality of choice and opportunity in the community they live in. We provide an essential link between all stakeholders whilst keeping members up-to-date of relevant changes in learning disability services.
Read more about us
- Next Event – Keep On Planning
- Save the Date – Conwy Connect AGM 21st Nov 2018
- Do you know a Parent with a learning disability?
- Check your health event
- Sepsis all you need to know.
Click below to download
newsletter august 18 final
Connect Buddies Coordinator
16 hours per week
Based in Colwyn Bay
NJC scale 21 (£20,541 pro rata)
Fixed contract to February 2020
This post offers a unique opportunity in the field of learning disability services within Conwy. The post holder will be part of a team that develops and sustains the service which will involve work on an operational level the Connect Buddies service.
- Experience in:
- working with people with learning disabilities, their families as well as voluntary and statutory sectors
- Using person centred approaches.
- working in a team and ability to collaborate with other agencies to achieve positive change.
- Recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information in a creative, clear and engaging ways
- A passion for Equality and community cohesion.
- Competency in IT including word processing, desk top publishing accessing databases, spreadsheets, internet and e mail.
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- The position is subject to a DBS
For further information about the post and an application, pack contact Catherine Thornton
Tel: 01492 536486
Closing date: Friday 21st Sept
Interview date: Week beginning 1st Oct
Buddies Advert Aug 2018
CB Job application form
CB 1st let app
CC4LD Leaflet Aug 2015 final
Connect Buddies Job Descrip 2018
Connect Buddies person spec 2018
Equal Opps Form
As a support worker would you like to help set up a Self Advocacy Group? Please find our easy step guide.
Download the guide below
Please take time to complete this consultation, Conwy County Borough Council is reviewing its Home to School Transport
Conwy County Borough Council currently organizes and pays for transport for learners aged 16 up to 19 years living in the county of Conwy CBC who are in full-time education and live over 3 miles from the nearest appropriate school.
They need to make savings here are the options you can choose.
Everything Stays the same. This would mean that Education Services and the Council would need to find the equivalent level of savings from elsewhere.
Introduce a charge for all Post 16 transport to all schools.
Introduce a charge for all Post 16 transport to all Educational
Establishments as in Option 2 but for the charge to be waived for learners who are eligible for free school meals.
Increase the minimum distance criteria for free transport from 3 miles to 5 miles to the nearest suitable school.
Discontinue learner transport for all Post 16 students and expect learners to make their own arrangements.
This would produce a gross saving of £420,000
Please fill out the questionnaire here http://www.conwy.gov.uk/…/Consultation-on-Possible-Changes-…